Barstool Sports

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Matt Torment: Beat up Yankoffs beat up Sox

Put a fork in Matt Clement, he's done. The $10 million dollar a year pitcher made the all star team in 2005 after a terrific start with the Red Sox, before being hit in the head during a game in Tampa Bay during the 2nd half of the year. Since then he has been a shell of himself going 7-8 with a 6.01 ERA. Making matters worse he was plunked again last night, this time from a Bernie Williams line drive in the leg, and became the baseball equivalent of Tony Eason in Super Bowl XX.

In the 8-6 loss to the worst Yankoff line up in 11 years, Clement gave up nine hits, four walks, one hit batsman. 14 of the final 22 batters he faced reached and he allowed eight earned runs. He is now 4-4 with an ERA of 6.31. In the 2nd, after recording 2 outs on 4 pitches, he walked Robinson Cano then was hit by Williams. When it was over he had allowed six consecutive Yankoffs to reach and allowed 4 runs.
.
"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!"
.

All eyes were on Randy Johnson going into the game and he had another rough outing. He gave up a 2 run blast to Manny Ramirez in the 1st and allowed 5 runs in only 5 innings of work. Although Yankoffs were able to spin the team win as a positive for Johnson, you know he is still a long way from being the pitcher they want him to be.

In the last 3 games, Manny has 4 home runs and 9 RBI. In those games the Sox are 1-2.

There was no pop from Papi as David Ortiz struck out 4 times, including once looking with the bases loaded and 2 down in the 8th. Your Uncle Buck should never ride Papi for bad play, but you gotta go down swinging in that spot, if you're gonna go down...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Uncle Buck

Moments of Zen!