Barstool Sports

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Well it's Groundhog Day...again

On February 2, 1887 people began gathering at Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania to witness the groundhog's search for its shadow. But no one cared...til Bill Murray made a movie about it.

Phil: Somebody asked me today, "Phil, if you could be anywhere in the world, where would you like to be?" And I said to him, "Prob'ly right here - Elko, Nevada, our nation's high at 79 today." Out in California, they're gonna have some warm weather tomorrow, gang wars, and some VERY overpriced real estate. Up in the Pacific Northwest, as you can see, they're gonna have some very, very tall trees.

First D.J.: Rise and shine, campers, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.
Second D.J.: It's cold out there every day. What is this, Miami Beach?
First D.J.: Not hardly. So the big question on everybody's lips.
Second D.J.: On their chapped lips...
First D.J.: ...Their chapped lips is, does Phil feel lucky? Punxsutawney Phil, that's right wood chuck chuckers its [in unison]
First D.J.: GROUND HOG DAY
Second D.J.: GROUND HOG DAY

Ned: Phil? Phil Connors? Phil Connors, I thought that was you!

Phil: Hi, thanks for watching. [Starts to walk away]

Ned: Hey now, don't you tell me you don't remember me 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you.

Phil: Not a chance.

Ned: Ned... Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing. Ned Ryerson, got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson, I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?

Phil: Ned Ryerson?

Ned: BING!

Phil: Bing.

Ned: Do you have life insurance, Phil? Because if you do, you could always use a little more, I mean, who couldn't? But let me tell something - I got's a feeling [whistles] you ain't got any. Am I right or am I right or am I right? Right, right right.

Phil: This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.

Phil: Come on, all the long distance lines are down? What about satellite? Is it snowing in space? Don't you keep open a line for emergencies or for celebrities? I'm both. I'm a celebrity in an emergency.

Phil: Well, it's Groundhog Day... again... and that must mean we're up here at Gobbler's Knob waiting for the forecast from the world's most-famous groundhog weatherman, Punxsutawney Phil, who's just about to tell us how much more winter we can expect.

Phil: Well what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today...

Phil: Don't mess with me, Porkchop.

Rita: I like to see a man of advancing years throwing caution to the wind. It's inspiring in a way.

Phil: My years are not advancing as fast as you might think.

[Phil Connors is stopped by the police after some crazy driving] Phil: Yeah, three cheeseburgers, two large fries, two chocolate shakes and a large coke.

Ralph: [to Phil] And some flapjacks.

Phil: [to Cop] Too early for flapjacks?

Phil: Nancy? Nancy Taylor!?

Phil: I told you, call me Bronco!

Phil: You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.

Phil: Don't drive angry. Don't drive angry.

Phil: I've been stabbed, shocked, poisoned, frozen, hung, electrocuted, and burned.

Rita: Oh, really?

Phil: Every day I wake up without a scratch on me, not a dent in the fender... I am an immortal.

Phil: I'm a god. I'm not THE God...I don't think.

Rita: Have you ever had deja-vu?

Phil: Didn't you just ask me that?

Phil: I don't know where your headed...but can you be late?

Ned: Ugh, I gotta go...

Piano Teacher: Not bad... Mr. Connors, you say this is your first lesson?

Phil: Yes, but my father was a piano mover, so...

Larry: People think that all cameramen do is point the camera at things, but it's a heck of a lot more complicated than that.

Phil: It's so beautiful!... Let's live here. [he kisses Rita]

Phil: We'll rent, to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Uncle Buck

Moments of Zen!