Barstool Sports

Monday, August 28, 2006

Over and out

"When I left for vacation there were 9 planets and the Red Sox were in 1st place..." - Bob Lobel.

What else can your Uncle Buck say but he told you so:

Wed Aug 9:
"This morning fellow baseball blogger Darth Marc asked UB, "How can you give up? You're in the middle of a pennant race!?" Here's UB's answer: "Because the Red Sox are Barbaro."

Thursday Aug 10:
"Red Sox are a mess. They are missing so many parts (pitching, hitting, bullpen, bench) they are hardly competitive and they've completely lost heart as a team."

Monday Aug 14:
"(T)he Sox are still a mess. Save for a nice start from David Wells Friday night, the starting staff and bullpen was beaten up again, giving up 18 runs to a crappy Orioles team in 3 games. Jonathan Papelbon struggled again yesterday, even after two solid innings on Saturday. The hard hitting Tigers and Yankoffs are in town for the next 8 games and have far superior pitching staffs to Baltimore. Bats have to stay hot if the Sox wanna stay alive..."

Tues Aug 15:
"(W)hat has killed the Red Sox since the All Star Break: poor starting pitching, poor relief pitching and cold bats until the 2nd half of the game...Sox fans keep waiting for Beckett to turn into this 1A ace, but it just hasn't happened and there are signs it is going to this year..."

Wed Aug 16:
"Sox fans should turn the attention to the rest of the line up who has now scored 6 runs in 2 games against the Tigers at home."

So UB goes on vacation to beautiful Cape Cod and what happens? They get swept by the Yankoffs in 5 strait...As one WEEI host put it this weekend: it was like a bully beating on the one legged blind kid. On top of that one of the beatings came in the longest 9 inning MLB game in history...

Since then they were swept in 3 games to the worst of the west Seattle...Watching this team recently has made UB think of that song from the Adam Sandler movie the Wedding Singer:

"Ok, I just want to warn you that when I wrote this song I was watching to the 2003 ALCS a lot.

[Sung] I hope you're glad with what you've done to me. I lay in bed all day long feeling melancholy. You left me here all alone, tears running constantly. Oh somebody kill me please, somebody kill me plee-ase, I'm on my knees, pretty pretty please kill me. I want to die. Put a bullet in my head.

[Kid:] You're going to the mental institution."



"Welcome home baby..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Uncle Buck

Moments of Zen!